[powr-weather id=687c285f_1461295512385]HUNTING GEAR
- For wing shooting – Shotgun, preferably 12ga, not smaller than 20ga. Plains game or big 5 – 308 Rifle or bigger
- Ammo: English No.4 or No.5 (Ground birds) and No. 7 (pigeons and doves)
- Bird vest, shooting jacket or waistcoat
- Hat or cap
- Jersey or light jacket
- Warm jacket for very cold days and after the hunt
- Hunting clothes, loose fitting, sturdy, dark khaki or olive drab colored clothing works fine. RealTree, Max4 and Sniper camo are recommended
- Light gloves
- Very comfortable worn-in light leather or canvas, not heavy winter lined walking boots. Waterproofed preferable.
- Thick hiking socks. One pair per day.
- Be able to dress in layers
- Chaps Gaiters
- Sunglasses / shooting glasses
- Insect repellent spray
- Binoculars for plains game and big 5 hunting
- Airline ticket
- Completed (in black ink but not signed) South African Police Temporary Firearm Import documents SAP 520. (We can provide the application forms).
- Credit card, ATM card and travelers cheques.
- Proof of ownership / registration of your rifle/s or shotgun/s
- Travel / health insurance documents.
- A pillow case to keep dirty laundry in your suitcase is handy
- Casual clothes and shoes for everyday wear
- Digital Camera battery charger and memory cards. (South Africa uses 220 volt wall outlets so you may need a step up transformer for your chargers etc. and the necessary adapters. Plug in shavers will work same as everywhere else in the world
- Malaria tablets if applicable
- Personal medication
- Personal Toiletries